Premier Care Mobility Equipment In Home Insurance Cover
This provides a summary of cover relating to the Scooter & Powerchair Insurance. Other pre-contractual documentation in connection with this product is provided separately.
Contractual information and further details are provided within the Policy Wording
What is this type of insurance?
Premier Care Insurance policy is for individuals owning a Mobility Scooter or Powerchair valued up to £5,000. Specially designed to give you peace of mind, our policy provides protection in the event of accidental loss or damage (including fire, theft, storm and flood) and personal liability arising from ownership, possession or use.
The following is a summary of what is considered to be the main characteristics of the insurance provided. For precise details of cover and a full description of the exclusions and restrictions that apply, the Policy Wording should be referred to.
You have the option to extend our standard insurance cover to include a number of additional benefits which we provide under a “Plus”policy and the differences are detailed below.
Standard Premier Care Cover
What is insured?
The following relate to loss, damage or injury as a result of the ownership or use of your mobility equipment.
1. Loss or Damage As a consequence of any sudden, unexpected and accidental cause, including fire, theft, storm and flood.
2. Replacement on a “New for Old” Basis
3. Personal Liability Legal liability for accidental injury to any person or damage to property.
4. 24/7 National Breakdown Recovery Gets you and your property home following breakdown or damage.
5. Loss of Keys Cost of replacing lost starter keys and cost of returning home to obtain a spare.
6. Personal Accident A benefit is paid if you sufferdeath or serious bodily injury.
7. Personal Effects Loss or damage to your personal effects if your mobility equipment is damaged at the same time.
8. Temporary Mobility Equipment Covers mobility equipment whilst on hire to you.
9. Hire Costs Cost of hiring similar equipment whilst your scooter is in for repair following insured damage.
10. Hospitalisation Benefit A payment if you are hospitalised following an accident.
12. Mugging Benefit If you are mugged we will pay for loss of personal effects and cost of convalescence.
13. Vet Fees If a pet travelling with you is injured.
14. Dental Fees If you suffer bodily injury resulting in damage to your natural or prosthetic teeth
What is not insured?
1. Loss or Damage whilst unattended No cover if the property is left for more than an hour, unless secured to an immovable object by a padlock and chain. Also, no cover applies if the property is left for more than 12 hours or overnight, unless kept in a locked building or room within the confines of your private dwelling or a room where you are
2. Theft or Vandalism Whilst unattended, unless the starter key has been removed.
3. 24/7 National Breakdown Recovery If you are more than 50 miles from home. Also if caused by damage to tyres or battery failure, but this exclusion does not apply to “Plus”.
4. Personal Liability No Cover whilst in USA or Canada.
Premier Care Plus Cover.
What is insured?
Additional “Plus” benefits
1. Punctures Cost of repairing a puncture to any tyre fixed to the mobility equipment.
2. Legal Expenses To recover damages from a negligent third party if you are injured or your mobility equipment is damaged.
3. Manual Wheelchair Covers any manual wheelchair you own.
4. Alternative Mobility Vehicle If you suffer injury and your existing equipment is no longer suitable, the cost of replacing your existing equipment with an item to a higher specification.
5. Any Driver Covers any person driving your equipment with your permission
Both Insurance Covers
Are there any restrictions on either type of cover?
1. “New for Old” Replacement Up to 2 years, or 3 years for “Plus”.
2. Personal Liability Limit of £2M, increasing to £5M for “Plus”.
3. 24/7 Breakdown Recovery Maximum 3 claims in any one year.
4. Loss of Keys £50 limit and only one claim payable in any one year.
5. Personal Accident Benefit of £1,000. For “Plus”, death benefit is £1,000 or the purchase price of your property whichever is the greater.
6. Personal Effects Limit £150, increasing to £300 for “Plus”.
7. Temporary Mobility Equipment Up to your sum insured.
8. Hire Costs Limit £150, increasing to £300 for “Plus”.
9. Hospitalisation Benefit Limit £150, increasing to £300 for “Plus”.
10. Mugging Benefit Limit £150, increasing to £300 for “Plus”.
11. Vets Fees Limit £150, increasing to £300 for “Plus”.
12. Dental Fees Limit £150, increasing to £300 for “Plus”.
13. Punctures Only on “Plus” limit £60, subject to maximum of 3 claims in any one year.
14. Legal expenses Only on “Plus” limit £25,000.
15. Manual Wheelchair Only on “Plus” limit £1,000.
16. Alternative Mobility Vehicle Only on “Plus” limit £3,000.
Where am I covered?
United Kingdom, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man and worldwide for up to 90 days during the period of insurance or if the period of insurance exceeds 12 months, for up to 90 days in any 12 month period.
Full details are provided in insurance policy wording documentation
For further info call us anytime:
Call Steve Tel. 0114 272 6619
We recommend this insurance but it is not provided by us
Prices are dependent on your insurance needs, but these prices are a general guide.
1 year - £86
2 years - £149
3 years - £209
1 year - £119
2 years - £209
3 years - £299
Please Call: Steve, 0114 2726619
Your insurance policy is arranged and administered by Mark Bates Ltd on behalf of China Taiping Insurance (UK) Company Limited and will run for the period stated on your Policy Schedule.
Mark Bates Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 308390. China Taiping Insurance (UK) Company Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority FRN 202690. This can be checked on the Financial Services Register at www.fca.org.uk/firms/systems-reporting/register or by calling them on 0800 111 6768.
For Warranty Cover
Have a browse
and if you have any questions
Please contact Steve
Tel. (0114) 272 6619 or
Fair Price Mobility
We’re here to Help
NB: Fair Price Mobility reserve the right to change specifications and details without prior notice when necessary.
Omissions and errors may be present. Please confirm all details verbally. (c) Copyright 2001 -20 Fair Price Mobility.